Friday, May 06, 2005

Al Franken visits New Ruskin College

www.NewRuskinCollege.com

Lecture Notes: The Dishonesty of Stewed Tomatoes

Pro-reform movement spreads across Egypt
Kefaya gains more ground as coalition group of dissents stages simultaneous pro-reform rallies across Egypt.
By Hassen Zenati - CAIRO

Egypt's pro-reform movement Kefaya (Enough) gained considerable ground when it staged simultaneous rallies across the country in protest at President Hosni Mubarak's unchallenged 24-year-old rule. (http://195.224.230.11/english/?id=13357)

Oh, no, of course Mr. Franken this also is probably unrelated to Mr. Bush’s policies in the Middle East and the world. Our young people’s sacrifice in Iraq has all just been a waste. Yes, yes of course. What would we do without Mr. Franken’s acute insights?

The Palestinians, the Syrians, the Lebanese, the Saudi, the Egyptians, no, no, they are all quite unaffected by anything we did.

Of course, in any event, I supported Mr. Bush’s Iraq policy because Saddam Hussein signed an armistice agreement and then violated it. Oh, and he attempted to assassinate a former Commander in Chief who lead our forces against him. . . . Oh, and because the World Trade Center attackers came from and returned back to Iraq in 1993 after the attack, and then he denied our request for extradition. . . . Oh, and because he sponsored terror around the world including the planners for Bojinka that lead to the second World Trade Center attack. (We have the copies of his bandked checks that he gave to terrorists. ( http://www.husseinandterror.com/ )) . . . Oh, and because he was an evil vile man, who murdered over a million people, and would have done worse had we let him, Mr. Franken.


“Meanwhile, the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad offered its condolences to the family of Lamia Abed Khadouri al-Sakri, 50, a Shiite Muslim legislator in the National Assembly who was shot and killed Wednesday at her home in Baghdad. She was the first elected official slain since the parliamentary elections.” --- After nearly 3 months, Iraqi Cabinet approved Oil, defense posts still in dispute, however Associated Press

“A friend of Khaddouri said she had been singled out because of her outspokenness. "They chose her as a target because she spoke out and took little care whom she criticized," said Haifa el-Azawi, also a National Assembly member. "She was a brave woman and she was talking a lot about the situation." Azawi said Khaddouri's friends had told her that her bodyguards were too young and that she needed better protection.

“ . . . Earlier in the day Khaddouri was interviewed on television, said her brother, Amar abd al-Khaddouri, a dentist. "She was always afraid to be on TV," he said.

“ . . .According to the bodyguard, after she had finished the interview, she said, "I'm afraid they will kill me because I've been on TV."

“ . . . Khaddouri, who was unmarried and in her 40s, shunned living in the relatively protected Green Zone, where some other legislators live. . . .

“. . . One neighbor, a 17-year-old who would identify himself only as Husam, said, “When she was elected to Parliament, I said, 'Why don't you have better security?' And she said, 'God will protect me.’ ” ”
--- By Richard A. Oppel Jr. The New York Times FRIDAY, APRIL 29, 2005

I do not know how you can read this and not know whose side you should be on, Mr. Franken? Of course, Maureen Dowd can write columns simply stating that there is no connection between Saddam Hussein’s Iraq and al Qaeda, “no connection” with the second attack on the World Trade Center. That is all. The bare unsupported assertion: “no connection.”

Mr. Franken asserted today that because the settlement agreement worked out for Lebanon made provisions for ethnic representation, specified posts, this mere fact completely negates and undoes any possibility that Mr. Bush’s Iraq policy is supporting the peoples of the Middle East as they move towards freedom and democracy.

Some College visitors may have wondered why I stayed in Marin and have refused to leave these fifteen years, if, as I have claimed, many rich powerful people here have targeted me?

I have been protesting them. I moved to Marin immediately as I learned of Yvonne’s betrayal. 1991.

My life has been a protest against these people. I have not made speeches. (I did write a few short notes to Yvonne to try to shame my enemies. (For example, after Michael Weiner staged the break in at the Colonial Motel, (with the help of the San Rafael Police), I wrote a note to Yvonne. And he went into a fit and stayed home for a week. (That was when Barbara Simpson made her comment that “ . . . my career may not have been as meteoric as some others, . . . but at least I have not committed a felony.”)) But when he returned to the air I realized that these people were beyond shame.) I even stopped writing. Mine has been a silent protest.

I only started this web site in 2003 after Imus harassed me at GAB Robins. (But I said nothing when he did the same sorts of things in 1998 when I was working at State Farm with Shotgun Tom Kelly’s brother who supplied Imus with the information he needed to harasse me.)

So when I murder myself in a few weeks, days, it will be the end of 15 years of protests. There are other things I could have done . . . but I am tired . . . 15 years of harassment will do that to you.

I have fought against them and now I am finished. I pray for the courage to murder just one person, myself. I have driven my self to this end because I do not want to live in such a country. It is not just that there is no “legal recourse” but there is nothing at all. Not one human being survives. Left, Right, what is the difference? I pray for my deliverance.

So the dishonesty of Franken and Dowd will have to be left to someone else.

Someone else will have to take on the Dishonesty of Stewed Tomatoes.

“Stewed Tomatoes”, that is what Franken said the other day . . . to be continued . . .

Notes:
Friedman: “You can not make it as a B+ student in Brooklyn anymore.”

“They are mining serious brain power.”

“No one has told the kids. . . . I tell my daughters to do their homework because there is someone in India or China who is starving for their jobs.”

Deliberately obfuscates the reality.

Glenn Beck was on the radio the other day ridiculing fat retarded people who live in apartments of “300 square feet.”

"Over the generations, we have received energetic, ambitious, optimistic people from all over the world ... our country is a welcoming society," Bush said. "America is a stronger and better nation because of the hard work and faith and the entrepreneurial spirit of immigrants."

“We'll all have to trust each other," said Sen. Richard Lugar, R-Ind., the committee chairman.


www.NewRuskinCollege.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home